twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday 13 November 2014

How disadvantaged is an illegitimate child?



It is worthy to note that with developments in the law to protect the best interests of a child, the legitimate status of a relationship now is of less concern to the courts than it was in the past.


Can my illegitimate child inherit my estate?


Legitimacy is likely not a problem, especially when there is a will. A parent who wishes his or her illegitimate child to succeed in his or her estate must do so by provision in a valid will. It is advised that the provision identify the illegitimate child by name. Should the provision leave the property to a ‘child’, it is not clear whether an illegitimate child will inherit the estate. 


Is there a parental responsibility to take care of an illegitimate child?


Yes. By the S 68 of the Women’s Charter: Duty of Parents to Maintain Children, it is stated that parents have a duty to maintain his or her children, whether they are in his/her custody, and whether they are legitimate or illegitimate.


This maintenance includes (but is not limited to) accommodation, clothing, food and education. For better understanding of the law, please consult an experienced Family Lawyer in Singapore.


Should you have any further questions on family law or require legal representation, kindly contact on 6337-0469 for a free consultation with our family lawyer, or email to consult@gjclaw.com.sg

1 comment:

  1. My name is Judy, I'm from
    California. i
    want to use this opportunity to
    thank the great Prophet Ogunjimi the Great who really made my life
    a pleasurable one today. This great man
    OGUNJIMI brought my husband back to me, i already have 2 lovely kids for my husband, before he left me for another lady, because she charmed him
    In 2010 some years ago i and my husband has been into one quarrel and some misunderstandings, life was so miserable for me, until he finally left me for the other lady. For 2years i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be
    strong just for the kids but i could
    not control the pains that torments my
    heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back
    to me, until one day i met an old friend
    of mine that was also in a situation
    like this but hers was her ex-
    boyfriend
    who she had an unwanted pregnancy
    for and he refused to take responsibility and dumped her. she told me that MINE was a
    small case and that i shouldn't worry
    about it at all so i asked her what
    was the solutions to my problems and she gave me
    this great mans phone number and
    his contact email address. Ogunjimispellcaster@yahoo.com i was doubting if this man was the solution, so contacted this great
    man and he told me what to do and
    I did them all, he told me to wait
    for just two day and that my husband will come crawling on his kneels just for forgiveness so i faithfully did what
    this great man asked me to do and for
    sure immediately after two days i heard a knock on
    the door, in a great surprise i saw him begging on his
    kneels and i was speechless, when
    he saw me, all he did was crying and
    asking me for forgiveness, from that day, all the pains and sorrows in my heart flew away,since then i and my husband and our lovely kids are happy family thats why I want to say a big thank you to
    Ogunjimi the Great spell caster This great man
    made me to understand that there's no
    problem on earth that has no solution so please if you
    know that you have this same
    problem or any problem that is similar, i will advise
    you to come straight to this great man.
    you can email ogunjimispellcaster@yahoo.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About